I have never been one to conform to the weird rules within vegan eating, such as Rawtil4 (eating raw for breakfast and lunch, then a cooked meal for dinner), Banana Island (only bananas), or HCLF (High-carb, low-fat). I figured that as long as I was eating (mostly) whole foods, who cares?
That is, until I started gaining weight and breaking out. Now, I can almost guarantee that the weight gain is more due to all those late night PBR’s than my diet, but these sudden breakouts are a bit of a mystery. After doing some research, I found that cutting out fats, including oil, helped others with their breakouts. Fried breakfast potatoes are one of my favorite meals that I wasn’t going to let go without a fight. After a few mishaps and fire alarms, I found a great, oil-free recipe that takes just 20 minutes!
First, I chop up a couple of potatoes and throw them in a bowl. Then, I toss in salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a pinch of paprika. I spread those over parchment paper and put them in the oven at 425 ° F for 10 min. After 10 min, flip the taters over and roast them for another 10 min. I eat them plain, or if I’m feeling frisky, I’ll mix a little bit of ketchup with vegan mayo to create a dip. These are so yummy, filling, and easy to make!
Vegan, Oil-free Roasted Potatoes
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 Tbs Ketchup (optional)
- 1/2 Tbs Vegan Mayonnaise (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Chop two potatoes to desired size.
3. Toss potatoes, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika together in a large bowl.
4. Spread over parchment paper so that they do not overlap, and put them in the oven for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, flip them and put them back in for another 10 minutes.
6. Let cool and enjoy!